
On Sunday I had my first BIG gig! At least for me it was. I was selected to be the makeup artist for a photo shoot in the Fort Lauderdale area. It may seem "small", but in my eyes it's different than the average prom, homecoming, or special event clientelle. This was work that a gifted photographer would be capturing. Thus, these photographs aren't just going to give me experience but it will begin my professional portfolio and hopefully launch me a little further on the map in the makeup world.

It was a fabulous experience and I would not trade it for the world. I
did so many things that I had never done before. I felt a
little out of my comfort zone doing "tribal looks" and contouring on
someone else's nose (other than myself) but all the work came out great. Once I did the first model I was completely comfortable. I felt like this was my niche and I was in control. I know how to apply makeup, now all I had to do was what I saw was beautiful. I also noticed the flaws in my work. That is the most important thing I took with me that afternoon. Because the flaws that you see and remember are things that you will remember and learn to perfect. And those flaws were simple things like more blending concealer, and applying the lipstick more precisely. Other than that I am a force to be reckoned with! ;) Check out a few of the pictures below. Till next time!